Saturday, May 26, 2012

B & A-Wood Chairs

My Grandma was about to donate these beauties but decided to give me a call first. I am glad she did because I love the design and we only had two chairs with our table. Anytime we had people over to eat we were confined to the couch. So four matching chairs sounded like the perfect project for me. I sold our table and chair set and got to work on these right away.

Sanding them was quite the task and required a lot of elbow grease. There are four in the set and they were pretty weather worn in some areas, as you can see in the pictures. Two of them were split right down the middle but Tyler was able to use Titebond III wood glue along with some bar clamps to fix them right up. I just finished them and I love how they turned out so I will post an after picture once I get some cushions on them.




Pardon our mess. I have a one track mind when working on a project.


And After:



I used a stain called Sunbleached. I wanted the chairs to be light gray and look a little weathered. They are more gray in real life then they look in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment